IT Graduate Program - Solution Developer (Global Business Platforms)
The IT Graduate Development Program is an entry-level program designed to provide recent college graduates with an opportunity to work in challenging environments while learning how our organization provides complete transport solutions. Applicants must have successfully completed degree in 2018, 2019, or no later than June 2020.
Visa/OPT/CPT sponsorship is not offered for this program; therefore, eligible candidates must have valid US work authorization and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future
Imagine yourself working with the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society.
Imagine yourself working with IT in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter. Together we move the world.
So what do we do at Volvo Group IT? For us, AI & Machine Learning, IoT, Cloud, Mobility, UX, cyber security, advanced analytics and other IT areas are top priority bringing Volvo Group into the future. Will you join us?
During 12 intense and exciting months, starting September 2020 you will be given a unique opportunity to gain a holistic view of the Volvo Group and the IT community. It will be kick-start to your career through different assignments or parts of the organization, networking, and professional and personal development. Upon completion of the program, you will continue to work in the position you were recruited in, either in the same delivery or in another assignment. You will have a permanent position from day one, with a manager and mentor to support you. You will work on real projects, side by side with colleagues across the globe. In parallel, you and your fellow graduate program participants will take part in common learning modules designed to help you grow your network, develop as a person and prepare you for your future career in the Volvo Group.
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Digital Solutions & IT is the engine of the Volvo Financial Services business and we continue on our strategic journey to further improve performance and to deliver the best customer experience in the industry. In this exciting environment, we are focused on Digital Innovation to meet the demands of an increasingly digitalized world. Furthermore, we develop Global Platforms to enable Financial Services expansion. We explore Data Opportunities and engage Cyber security.
Our three Global Solutions and Services teams, each focusing on a different region, take care of excellent execution in the markets encompassing Demand and Projects management.
YOUR MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Solution Developer in Digital Solutions &IT, you will be responsible for delivering software detailed analysis and design, development and unit testing services that support business requirements. On a daily bases you will also:
- Participate in estimation and planning of development, deployment and operation activities
- Propose changes which make the application more efficient and/or reduce operation or maintenance costs
- Drive innovation for system solutions management by staying abreast of technology trends in the Microsoft technology space
- Assist in product launch and production support operations as appropriate to ensure quality
- Investigate application maintenance problems and make corrections as required to prevent reoccurrence
- Ensure solutions are well designed and developed for a secure, reliable, high performing, and highly-available experience for end-users
To be successful in this role you will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- University Degree or Bachelor of Science (BS) in Information Systems/Computer Science
- Maximum two years previous working experience prior to, or after graduation – as a Solution Developer or programming experience in projects/ maintenance activities would be a plus
- Valid work permit for the country to which you apply
- Solid English skills
- A passion for IT and high interest in the design and implementation of distributed systems
- Understanding of service-oriented principles and techniques
- Analysis and detailed designs for software units
- Knowleadge of SQL in date query and extraction operations and software engineering principles
- Experience with below technology would be a plus:
- RDBMS, preferably Oracle and/or SQL Server
- Change and Project Management
- Application development understanding utilizing Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), Microsoft Entity Framework, MS Test, nUnit testing framework, and log4net
Candidates should possess the following critical competencies and characteristics:
- Good communication skills and ability to interact and influence colleagues from various cultural backgrounds
- Curious, willing to learn, and have a continuous improvement mindset
- Seeks to understand customer needs and delivers results for success.
- Ability to work effectively in teams as well as individually
- Transparent and has respect for the individual
- Values diversity and its effect on strengthening the team
- Admits mistakes and learns from them
- Desire to achieve the best results through innovative solutions
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Attitude for self-development and a holistic view
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We Participate in E-verify
Wir möchten Sie gerne kennenlernen
Sie erhalten eine E-Mail-Bestätigung, sobald Sie Ihre Bewerbung absenden. Danach ist es weiterhin möglich, Ihr persönliches Profil zu aktualisieren.
Sobald Sie zu einem Vorstellungsgespräch eingeladen werden, erhalten Sie von uns Informationen über die weiteren Schritte.
Alle Kandidaten werden benachrichtigt, sobald ein Kandidat für die Stelle ausgewählt wurde. Sie können wählen, ob wir Ihren Lebenslauf dann weiterhin in unserer Datenbank speichern und einen Suchagenten aktivieren, der nach anderen Stellen sucht, die Ihrem Profil entsprechen.
Wenn Sie Ihre Tätigkeit bei uns beginnen, erhalten Sie eine Einarbeitung, mit der Sie schnell ein Teil des Teams werden und Ihre Aufgaben bestmöglich bearbeiten können.