Volvo Group IT Graduate Program – Data Scientist
The IT Graduate Development Program is an entry-level program designed to provide recent college graduates with an opportunity to work in challenging environments while learning how our organization provides complete transport solutions. Applicants must have successfully completed degree in 2018, 2019, or no later than June 2020.
Imagine yourself working with the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society.
Imagine yourself working with IT in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter. Together we move the world.
So what do we do at Volvo Group IT? For us, AI & Machine Learning, IoT, Cloud, Mobility, UX, cyber security, advanced analytics and other IT areas are top priority bringing Volvo Group into the future. Will you join us?
During 12 intense and exciting months, starting September 2020 you will be given a unique opportunity to gain a holistic view of the Volvo Group and the IT community. It will be kick-start to your career through different assignments or parts of the organization, networking, and professional and personal development. Upon completion of the program, you will continue to work in the position you were recruited in, either in the same delivery or in another assignment. You will have a permanent position from day one, with a manager and mentor to support you. You will work on real projects, side by side with colleagues across the globe. In parallel, you and your fellow graduate program participants will take part in common learning modules designed to help you grow your network, develop as a person and prepare you for your future career in the Volvo Group.
We are the Shared Solutions department, a part of Commercial Solution Center Renault Trucks within Volvo Group IT. Our organization is responsible for the maintenance, support, deployment and development of innovative solutions in the domain of Business Intelligence & Analytics, Mobile Apps for users in headquarter, market companies, dealerships and customers / drivers. We also support Renault Trucks to design and develop customer-centric solutions and services with User Experience & Interface (UX/UI) methodologies. We take pride in delivering quality solutions to the Volvo Group and we strive to be a continuous learning organization with agile mindset.
YOUR MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for a Data Scientist / Business Analyst who will support our business and IT Analytics teams with insights gained from analyzing data. The right candidate should have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in big data and working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams to improve business outcomes.
- Work with stakeholders across the organizations to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business solutions
- Collect and analyze data from different sources to drive optimization and improvement of services development
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of data sources
- Develop data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Develop or apply predictive modeling to optimize customer experiences and increase services revenue
- Coordinate with different functional and IT teams to implement data models and monitor outcomes
To be successful in this role you will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- A passion for IT
- Maximum two years previous working experience prior to, or after graduation
- Solid English and French skills
- Valid work permit for the country to which you apply
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, statistical tests, random forest, etc.)
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.)
- MSc in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another qualitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools & environments:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Databricks, Hadoop.
- Knowledge of statistical computer languages: R, Python (Spark is a plus)
- Knowledge of BI tools/data visualization is a plus: PowerBI, Qlikview/Qliksense, MSBI
- Knowledge of agile methodologies
Candidates should possess the following critical competencies and characteristics:
- Communicative team player with the ambition to develop both yourself and the business
- Curious, willing to learn, and have a continuous improvement mindset
- Seeks to understand customer needs and delivers results for success
- Collaborates easily and creates excellent results through teamwork
- Transparent and has respect for the individual
- Values diversity and its effect on strengthening the team
- Admits mistakes and learns from them
- Desire to achieve the best results through innovative solutions
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Attitude for self-development and a holistic view
- Agile mindset
- Willingness to share knowledge, sense of pedagogy
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Wir möchten Sie gerne kennenlernen
Sie erhalten eine E-Mail-Bestätigung, sobald Sie Ihre Bewerbung absenden. Danach ist es weiterhin möglich, Ihr persönliches Profil zu aktualisieren.
Sobald Sie zu einem Vorstellungsgespräch eingeladen werden, erhalten Sie von uns Informationen über die weiteren Schritte.
Alle Kandidaten werden benachrichtigt, sobald ein Kandidat für die Stelle ausgewählt wurde. Sie können wählen, ob wir Ihren Lebenslauf dann weiterhin in unserer Datenbank speichern und einen Suchagenten aktivieren, der nach anderen Stellen sucht, die Ihrem Profil entsprechen.
Wenn Sie Ihre Tätigkeit bei uns beginnen, erhalten Sie eine Einarbeitung, mit der Sie schnell ein Teil des Teams werden und Ihre Aufgaben bestmöglich bearbeiten können.