Feature Validation Engineer Logistics
As all our trucks are connected, we can offer efficient back-office solutions to help our customers improve their Logistics. FVV is looking for the right person to further understand their needs, specify and validate the right Logistics solutions.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Features, Verification & Validation (FVV) is a global organization gathering customer knowledge to breakdown customer features into technical requirements. We drive validation plans to reach the requested feature level and secure end customer satisfaction. Our skilled and engaged teams are located in Gothenburg, Lyon, Greensboro, Curitiba and Bangalore.
Feature Verification & Validation (FVV) Lyon is looking for a Feature Validation Engineer for Logistic and Fleet Management feature within the Driver Experience group.
This position is key to be able to cope with the coming challenges in the product development on our wide scope (Heavy Duty Renault Trucks & Multi-Purpose Vehicles Renault & Volvo trucks) and coming technologies / regulations in regards of the Logistics and Fleet Management feature.
Logistics and Fleet Management feature consists of:
- Navigation system: On board, for the driver to define and optimize his route.
- Driver management: On-board and off-board system for the company owner to take care of driver times & activities.
- Fleet management: Off-board system for the company owner to supervise his fleet, check the overall status and optimize the usage.
- Order management: On board and off-board system for the dispatcher to track orders, locate and check freight status.
- Vehicle management: Handling of the flow of data logged in the vehicle toward the back office.
- He builds the associated verification and validation plan that he and Test Engineers will perform.
- His work is done in close cooperation with the Feature Development Engineer in order to build together technical recommendations.
- He also secures, maintains and develops the validation knowledge for the Lyon site.
- He provides the feature status to the project team.
During projects, in order to meet customer satisfaction, the Feature Validation Engineer is responsible to:
- Manage the feature requirements, verification and validation actions
- Translate the feature needs into measurable targets for the feature
- Based on the risk estimate provided by the FDE, document the needs for verification actions
- Conduct objective and subjective evaluations of the feature, closely supports Test Engineers and Feature Development Engineer
- Perform analysis of test results with Test Engineers
- Validate and insure the quality of the data collected in the vehicles and exposed to off-board systems or aftermarket tools.
- Report the feature status during feature reviews
- Continuously position the feature in relation to competition
- Participate in the solution process of quality problems
- Define roadmap of test environment (virtual testing, facilities, test tools, methods…) that matches coming needs (projects, technology updates, regulations evolutions):
- Define or update test tools and methods by taking in account technology evolutions and coming regulation needs
- Identify and develop the core activities needed to test and validate the Logistics feature
- Consolidate links with partners who are able to perform tests on selected activities
- Propose and/or carry out Advanced Engineering actions related to the feature
- Actively participate to the work done by the team on others features
- MSc in Electrical Engineering, mechatronic or similar in automotive
- Successful experience (3 years) in automotive activities
- Knowledgeable on EE architecture
- Ability to use networking and logging tools (CANoe, CANAlyzer…)
- Data analysis skills (Excel, Python or equivalent)
- Knowledge on interfacing with database is a plus (SQL for ex.)
- Strong interest in automotive development
- Develop a safe environment while improving his driving skills
- Understand the project management processes
- Customer focus
- Strong network and communication skills
- Team player
- Quality & continuous improvement mindset
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Wir möchten Sie gerne kennenlernen
Sie erhalten eine E-Mail-Bestätigung, sobald Sie Ihre Bewerbung absenden. Danach ist es weiterhin möglich, Ihr persönliches Profil zu aktualisieren.
Sobald Sie zu einem Vorstellungsgespräch eingeladen werden, erhalten Sie von uns Informationen über die weiteren Schritte.
Alle Kandidaten werden benachrichtigt, sobald ein Kandidat für die Stelle ausgewählt wurde. Sie können wählen, ob wir Ihren Lebenslauf dann weiterhin in unserer Datenbank speichern und einen Suchagenten aktivieren, der nach anderen Stellen sucht, die Ihrem Profil entsprechen.
Wenn Sie Ihre Tätigkeit bei uns beginnen, erhalten Sie eine Einarbeitung, mit der Sie schnell ein Teil des Teams werden und Ihre Aufgaben bestmöglich bearbeiten können.