Technician-Reliability & Warranty
The Customer Support and Training Department for Volvo Penta Region Americas (VPA)—headquartered in Chesapeake, Virginia—is responsible for technical support, warranty administration, training, and consumer relations for gasoline and diesel engine products for OEMs, power centers, boat dealers and end users. Distribution of Volvo Penta’s warranty policy, technical information, authorization of major warranty repairs, claim and registration processing, and resolution of end-user issues are the major functions of this department.
We are now looking for a Technician, Reliability & Warranty to join our amazing Warranty Administration team in Chesapeake, Virginia!
What is the Job?
As a Technician, Reliability & Warranty, you will support Volvo Penta Warranty Administration, Reliability Engineering, and Global Vendor Recovery by receiving, cataloging and distributing returned warranty parts from Volvo Penta dealers.
Some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Receiving failed warranty parts returned by Volvo Penta dealers, updating claim status, and designating parts for Quality Analysis, Vendor Recovery, or scrap
- Setting a monthly schedule to ship Vendor Recovery items to the vendors as well as coordinating the follow-up with the appropriate Purchasing Department buyers
- Consulting with the Warranty Administration Specialists on all returned parts that do not appear defective, as well as with the Global Supplier Warranty Recovery department to secure and ship all requested diesel parts to Sweden
- Completing workshop related tasks to support product development and reliability engineering activities
- Maintaining a well-defined relationship with Reliability Engineering for quality analysis of returned gas engine parts
- Design and fabricate test equipment as required to include operating hand tools and test equipment
Are you analytical and good at problem solving?
To be successful in this role, you will need the ability to drive root cause analysis of issues and drive project assignments to full completion. You should also be exceptionally organized and be able to work with limited supervision. Having the ability to use hand tools and test equipment for diagnosis of returned parts is a major advantage.
We require that you have proficiency in using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook as is experience in running database and word processing software programs.
In addition, excellent communication and presentation skills are necessary as is the need for fluency in speaking and writing English in order to communicate successfully with internal and external stakeholders at different levels of the organization locally, nationally, and globally.
In this role, you will be receiving parts so lifting is involved, and could be up to 50 pounds.
Education & Experience:
This position requires the following:
- A minimum 2 years post-high school formal education, or combination of education and experience. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with warranty recovery, chargebacks, and warranty administration
- Experience with Marine and Industrial industry warranty processes, a plus
We were recently awarded “A Great Place to Work” certification, two years in a row, and our employees can attest that Volvo Penta is a great place to work! We experience relationships built on trust and respect, change and innovation, passion, exceptional performance, and a strong commitment to customer success!
If you are interested in being part of a team focused on innovation and success, and feel that this opportunity is for you, we invite you to apply to become a Technician-Reliability & Warranty with our award-winning team. We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Wir möchten Sie gerne kennenlernen
Sie erhalten eine E-Mail-Bestätigung, sobald Sie Ihre Bewerbung absenden. Danach ist es weiterhin möglich, Ihr persönliches Profil zu aktualisieren.
Sobald Sie zu einem Vorstellungsgespräch eingeladen werden, erhalten Sie von uns Informationen über die weiteren Schritte.
Alle Kandidaten werden benachrichtigt, sobald ein Kandidat für die Stelle ausgewählt wurde. Sie können wählen, ob wir Ihren Lebenslauf dann weiterhin in unserer Datenbank speichern und einen Suchagenten aktivieren, der nach anderen Stellen sucht, die Ihrem Profil entsprechen.
Wenn Sie Ihre Tätigkeit bei uns beginnen, erhalten Sie eine Einarbeitung, mit der Sie schnell ein Teil des Teams werden und Ihre Aufgaben bestmöglich bearbeiten können.