Senior Data Engineer
Working for Volvo Group IT Center of Excellence means breaking new grounds, investigating and exploring ways of working and new techniques.
With us, you have the possibility to specialize within a certain area of interest and you will be an important contributor in making the Volvo Group succeed, meaning you will work and co-operate with stakeholders and peers all over the Volvo Group.
We are already at the forefront when it comes to technology and building future mobility solutions, and we believe having engaged employees is the key to our success. We value flexibility and work life balance, and in return we ask for your commitment in order to make this happen.
- Work and experiment with state-of-the-art data storage and processing technologies
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks such as Spark/Databricks in cloud platforms (mainly MS Azure) or on premise
- Create and manage environments for advanced analytics/machine/deep learning and AI
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration and delivery
- Pre-process, clean and structure data to facilitate data exploration and advanced analytics/Machine Learning activities
- Learning and using modern data preparation, integration and AI-enabled metadata management tools and techniques
- Tracking data consumption patterns, working with data governance and information stewards, and participate in vetting and promoting content created in the business and by data scientists to the curated data catalog for governed reuse
- Performing intelligent sampling and caching
- Recommending and automating — existing and future integration flows
- Help improving data quality by driving advancements in data acquisition, testing and tooling
- Work in cross functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives
- Collaborate with other Data Engineers, Data Scientists and business stakeholders to increase the long-term quality of delivery and learning
- You know how to work with high volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed open-source frameworks such as Apache Hadoop/Spark, as well as commercial large scale data management platforms
- You have experience in Python, Spark/Databricks, SQL or Scala (multiple preferred)
- You are knowledgeable in data storage techniques, data structuring, data preparation/cleaning, as well as network architecture and collaborative work (git, etc.)
- You are comfortable working in a diverse, complex and fast-changing landscape of data sources and consumers
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- You understand the value of collaboration within teams
We search for passionate people who want to help us make the transportation industry sustainable. We believe you are a teamplayer with excellent communication skills who is strong in building relationships. We continuously strive for improvement and need pragmatic, result oriented, self-going people who live the Volvo Group values
We believe the successful candidate has interest in and/or operational experience from working with data driven exploration in a global business environment, preferably within IoT and the transportation sector. Ability to think innovatively, personal credibility, integrity and creativity are crucial characteristics and experience with machine learning and advanced analytics is considered a plus. You are a social person that enjoys working with others in flexible and agile teams and have a passion for creating true customer value using data as an asset.
You have a Master’s degree as the basis for your career and are fluent in English. International business experience is a merit. The successful candidate will have shown a winning attitude and a great persona, in combination with a strong track record and references.
Curious about getting to know more? Contact us on:
Dennis van Hoewijk – Acting Manager BI & Analytics Sweden (+46 31 3223051)
Linnea Chertudi – HRBP BI & Analytics (+46 739029288)
Have you heard about the Center of Excellence at Group IT?
We support the Volvo Group Mission of driving prosperity through transport solutions. At the Center of Excellence we aim to contribute to the mission by delivering digital expertise, emerging technology know-how, and best practice and methods. We continually strive to be the trusted partner in the digital transformation of the Volvo Group.
The Center of Excellence is a new unit at Group IT - a large multi-cultural organization with 800+ employees and 150+ contractors located mainly in 7 countries - Sweden, Poland, India, France, US, Brazil, USA, and Belgium.
Within the COE there are individual centers of excellence for Emerging Technologies & Architecture, BI & Analytics, SAP, Document Management, Project Management Practice, Consulting & Change Management, Development Practice, as well as the Volvo Group IT Function Cyber Security.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Wir möchten Sie gerne kennenlernen
Sie erhalten eine E-Mail-Bestätigung, sobald Sie Ihre Bewerbung absenden. Danach ist es weiterhin möglich, Ihr persönliches Profil zu aktualisieren.
Sobald Sie zu einem Vorstellungsgespräch eingeladen werden, erhalten Sie von uns Informationen über die weiteren Schritte.
Alle Kandidaten werden benachrichtigt, sobald ein Kandidat für die Stelle ausgewählt wurde. Sie können wählen, ob wir Ihren Lebenslauf dann weiterhin in unserer Datenbank speichern und einen Suchagenten aktivieren, der nach anderen Stellen sucht, die Ihrem Profil entsprechen.
Wenn Sie Ihre Tätigkeit bei uns beginnen, erhalten Sie eine Einarbeitung, mit der Sie schnell ein Teil des Teams werden und Ihre Aufgaben bestmöglich bearbeiten können.