Financial Analyst for VFS, Region Asia Pacific
Company presentationVolvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
VFS Region Asia Pacific is one of the three regions of VFS serving the Volvo organization in China, Australia, India, Korea, Japan and other Southeast Asian markets.
As part of the regional organization, we are currently looking for a Finance Analyst for VFS Region Asia Pacific. The position will be based in Beijing, China, and reports directly to Finance Director, VFS Region Asia Pacific.
Purpose of the Job
To support the finance director in regional finance close and process control, including but not limited to: coordinate with markets for accounting and group reporting, work with markets on various analysis tasks, support different functions to improve Region operational excellence and profitability.
Job description and requirementsThe person we are looking for should have 3-5 years of accounting and business analysis experience, preferably within a financial services environment and an advanced degree in finance or accounting. The candidate will work with a small but focused team and will have exposure to Asia Pacific markets and senior management. The key assignments include:
- Coordinate financial reporting activities of Asia Pacific markets and complete month end close process following a strict schedule. Provide assistance to market finance team members when detailed instruction or guidance is required.
- Work with VFS HQ finance team directly to ensure reporting quality. Perform preliminary data check and validation before data review by regional management team.
- Prepare financial reporting related training material and conduct trainings when needed
- Support and monitor market on accounting & reconciliation works to ensure sufficient accounting control
- Follow up on updated IFRS accounting standard, VFS HQ policy and guideline updates on timely basis. Conduct necessary training and coordinate with APAC markets for implementation
- Coordinate with IT innovation project on Finance optimization aspiration for APAC markets
- Other ad hoc tasks assigned by region finance director/management team
- Working language is English
- BS/BA in Finance or related field is required
- CICPA/CPA preferred
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in accounting, tax, financial analysis or related field, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Multi-national corporate work experience preferred
- Experience in “Big Four” audit firms preferred
- Solid background in accounting
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Knowledge in financial services products & services
- Desire and ability to learn new skills (new IFRS rules, finance system applications etc. ) independently
- Proficient with MS Office, with advanced knowledge in Excel. Experience with reporting software packages such as Hyperion is desirable.
- Good communication skills in a multi-national environment.
- Ability and desire to work within and in support of a team environment.
- Proficient in English listening, speaking and business-writing skills
The position will provide the opportunity to build a solid experience within Financial Services, and is intended to serve as a platform for career advancement within Volvo Financial Services and the Volvo Group. The person should expect to travel between 10 and 20%, as this is an integral part of the head-office function of a global organization.
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
Wir möchten Sie gerne kennenlernen
Sie erhalten eine E-Mail-Bestätigung, sobald Sie Ihre Bewerbung absenden. Danach ist es weiterhin möglich, Ihr persönliches Profil zu aktualisieren.
Sobald Sie zu einem Vorstellungsgespräch eingeladen werden, erhalten Sie von uns Informationen über die weiteren Schritte.
Alle Kandidaten werden benachrichtigt, sobald ein Kandidat für die Stelle ausgewählt wurde. Sie können wählen, ob wir Ihren Lebenslauf dann weiterhin in unserer Datenbank speichern und einen Suchagenten aktivieren, der nach anderen Stellen sucht, die Ihrem Profil entsprechen.
Wenn Sie Ihre Tätigkeit bei uns beginnen, erhalten Sie eine Einarbeitung, mit der Sie schnell ein Teil des Teams werden und Ihre Aufgaben bestmöglich bearbeiten können.