Industrial Project Leader – Paint Systems
The purpose of this job is to lead and direct the factory’s industrialization projects and activities.
- Lead team activities and communication for strategic projects in paint and surface treatment technologies
- Coordinate cross functionally project and product information with all affected departments to assure the timely flow and quality of their inputs
- Maintain Risk Analyses and Action Logs for projects as required
- Collect and present relevant information/updates to project steering groups to allow them to make sound decisions on project timing, funding and resource requirements
- Participation and follow-up in Project Audit reviews where projects affect the content of an audited vehicle
- Update and maintain plant capacity maps
- Lead initiatives in support of, and as defined by, the New River Valley Plant Future Factory Concept
- Support Strategic Development of Master Plan internally and cross-functionally
- Determine Industrial Consequences of new products and processes
- Conduct studies and business cases for insourcing/outsourcing studies and lead projects for implementation
- Complete and submit business cases for investment requests
- Participate and/or lead Continuous Improvement Activities
- Follow a way of working that is in accordance with the Volvo Production System
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished trust in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain
- Learning-On-The-Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything
- Self-Development: Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weakness and limits
- Standing Alone: Will stand up and be counted; doesn't shirk personal responsibility; can be counted on when times are tough; willing to be the only champion for an idea or position; is comfortable working alone on a tough assignment
- Technical Learning: Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning a new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge - like Internet technology; does well in technical courses and seminars
- Conflict Management: Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise
- Decision Quality: Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Business, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- 10 Years of Related Experience in a manufacturing environment such as automotive, trucks, aerospace, off-highway
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Microsoft Project and CAD
- Ability to develop, review and analyze all aspects of technical solutions for Manufacturing Systems including software
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates.
In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Wir möchten Sie gerne kennenlernen
Sie erhalten eine E-Mail-Bestätigung, sobald Sie Ihre Bewerbung absenden. Danach ist es weiterhin möglich, Ihr persönliches Profil zu aktualisieren.
Sobald Sie zu einem Vorstellungsgespräch eingeladen werden, erhalten Sie von uns Informationen über die weiteren Schritte.
Alle Kandidaten werden benachrichtigt, sobald ein Kandidat für die Stelle ausgewählt wurde. Sie können wählen, ob wir Ihren Lebenslauf dann weiterhin in unserer Datenbank speichern und einen Suchagenten aktivieren, der nach anderen Stellen sucht, die Ihrem Profil entsprechen.
Wenn Sie Ihre Tätigkeit bei uns beginnen, erhalten Sie eine Einarbeitung, mit der Sie schnell ein Teil des Teams werden und Ihre Aufgaben bestmöglich bearbeiten können.