Senior Engineer - Driveline and Hybrids
- This position primarily supports Vendor Axle (Meritor, Dana, Axletech, Sisu etc) integration/Application Engineering for Mack and Volvo Brands.
- The Engineer will also be primary design responsible for some of the Mack Double Reduction axle proprietary components (stamped/fabricated axle housings, axle-shafts, wheel-end hub caps, oil seals etc).
- Independently perform most assignments with instructions as to the general results expected. Receive technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisor approval on proposed plans for projects.
- Make decision on types of testing, specify test procedures, instrumentation and hardware used in test of designs. Interpret and evaluate test results and make recommendations based on findings. Issue written and oral reports.
- Responsible to ensure project schedules are maintained and within budget.
- Analyze component parts and assemblies to determine the best course of action required to resolve actual or potential problems and to implement cost effective solutions as required.
- May direct or coordinate the work of other engineers, designers, mechanics or technicians who are assigned to a specific project.
- May be required to provide technical expertise in company litigation.
- Domestic and International travel upto 25-30% may be required.
- Perform other engineering duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering required; Master of Science preferred.
- 3-5 yrs experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of Volvo – KOLA (Product Database Management) system, and in specific KOLA variant combinations related to Vendor axle features, is preferred.
- Candidates should have thorough knowledge of Driveline and in specific final drive-axle systems. Meritor and Dana axle product line offerings, for Class 8 Heavy Duty trucks, knowledge is preferred.
- Good understanding of GD&T and ability to perform stack-up calculations is required.
- Working knowledge of stampings, castings etc is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Engineering Tools like Creo/Pro-E, ANSYS etc is preferred.
- Prior Project Management/work experience in Project setup is preferred.
- Candidates with fair bit of flexibility on job responsibilities, enthusiastic about learning new technologies on the go, ability to voluntarily take up challenges will be highly preferred.
- Candidates with prior experience with Hybrid Drivetrains, Electrical systems, Battery Charging Systems, Energy Storage Systems and ability to trouble-shooting electrical systems will be given preference.
- Technical/Functional Expertise: Good fundamental understanding of concepts in design, application, and maintenance of geared products and powertrain components, such as clutches, transmissions, axles, and/or driveshafts.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively.
- Customer Focus: Understanding and meeting the needs of customers and addressing the interests and concerns of all organization stakeholders
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities and assignments.
- Ownership / Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs and results.
- Safety Practices: Acting as necessary with safe operations as a central focus and striving to create a safe work environment.
- Analytical Skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for action
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles or resistance.
- Quality Advocate: Championing the quality process by reinforcing the organization’s vision, quality values, and quality processes and by fostering the continuous improvement of all operational and business practices.
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required – or higher – standards, and pitching in to get the job done.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Wir möchten Sie gerne kennenlernen
Sie erhalten eine E-Mail-Bestätigung, sobald Sie Ihre Bewerbung absenden. Danach ist es weiterhin möglich, Ihr persönliches Profil zu aktualisieren.
Sobald Sie zu einem Vorstellungsgespräch eingeladen werden, erhalten Sie von uns Informationen über die weiteren Schritte.
Alle Kandidaten werden benachrichtigt, sobald ein Kandidat für die Stelle ausgewählt wurde. Sie können wählen, ob wir Ihren Lebenslauf dann weiterhin in unserer Datenbank speichern und einen Suchagenten aktivieren, der nach anderen Stellen sucht, die Ihrem Profil entsprechen.
Wenn Sie Ihre Tätigkeit bei uns beginnen, erhalten Sie eine Einarbeitung, mit der Sie schnell ein Teil des Teams werden und Ihre Aufgaben bestmöglich bearbeiten können.