Driver Development Manager
Role/Purpose of Job
To Develop, Implement and Deliver driver development programmes in line with the GTA & JVs Commercial offer throughout the regions ensuring customers fully experience the features and benefits of our products.
Develop driver development program
- Understand the market and customer needs to develop a multi-tiered driver development programme that will address the driver training needs of different customer groups.
- Develop driver-training packages that can be offered by the markets to customers to address their various driver-training needs in line with the GTA&JV’s Commercial Offers.
- Create a driver development program that is industry leading, relevant and beneficial to our customers
- Create a strong relationship with other driver development networks both within and outside Volvo Group to ensure GTA & JVs Sales Driver Development is best in class
- Develop new components that can be incorporated within driver training portfolio based on internal or external requirements
- Develop and implement suitable Driver Development Training packages for all new product introductions and feature updates.
- Map, coach & develop a training network within GTA & JVs Sales regions promoting a teamwork culture.
- Assist regions with recruitment of driver trainers.
- Prepare and deliver a Driver Skill assessment and certification programme.
- Maintain a high skill level through the network through regular trainings and updates.
- Implement a driver development “train the trainer” program through a planned delivery schedule and with consistent content and delivery standard.
- Monitor and guide driver trainers & SME’s in implementation of the driver development programs in their own regions / markets.
- Provide specialist support to driver training programmes in markets for key customers.
- Utilize telematics and other driver follow up tools for driver training and encourage their use.
- Support market companies / importers to lobby with government, industry groups and customers to engage in minimum level of driver standards or to establish driver training schools.
- Be involved in new product launch / promotion events to present the driver comfort and benefits.
- Support the Extra Mile Challenge event at Central level and also at market level.
- Provide inputs from driving expertise point of view to various internal departments like product development, service sales and others.
- Input driver demands into new product project as requested.
- Integrity and ethics, in line with the Volvo Way
- Strategic thinking with holistic view
- Excellent communication skills
- Extensive experience as a truck driver or equivalent
- Passion for competence development and coaching
- Good understanding of the business and environment with ability to convey the business needs into actions
- Experience from working in and with management teams
- Good at networking – internal and external
- Team building and development
- Performance management to the team members and the output of the team
- Knowledge and experience in competence management
- Fully proficient and confident in presentation skills
- Result and action orientation to meet business target
- Able to adapt quickly to different environments and audience
- Excellent skills in English language, verbal and written
- Fully proficient in MS Office applications
At Group Trucks Asia & Joint Ventures (GTA & JVs) which is headquartered in Singapore, our main objective is to seize the opportunity for profitable growth in Asia and emerging markets. We capture this growth by establishing a separate value chain with a competitive cost structure for our UD value truck offer and by leveraging synergies with our JV partners in Dongfeng Commercial Vehicles Co. Ltd (DFCV) and VE Commercial Vehicles Ltd (VECV).
Wir möchten Sie gerne kennenlernen
Sie erhalten eine E-Mail-Bestätigung, sobald Sie Ihre Bewerbung absenden. Danach ist es weiterhin möglich, Ihr persönliches Profil zu aktualisieren.
Sobald Sie zu einem Vorstellungsgespräch eingeladen werden, erhalten Sie von uns Informationen über die weiteren Schritte.
Alle Kandidaten werden benachrichtigt, sobald ein Kandidat für die Stelle ausgewählt wurde. Sie können wählen, ob wir Ihren Lebenslauf dann weiterhin in unserer Datenbank speichern und einen Suchagenten aktivieren, der nach anderen Stellen sucht, die Ihrem Profil entsprechen.
Wenn Sie Ihre Tätigkeit bei uns beginnen, erhalten Sie eine Einarbeitung, mit der Sie schnell ein Teil des Teams werden und Ihre Aufgaben bestmöglich bearbeiten können.